forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example use case.
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:02:35 GMT
Ross

This relates to an issue I've been thinking about for a while. If one
had a pile of html and wanted to convert the docs to Forrest internal
format, and then convert them back into html as a Forrest generated
site presumably leaving the source documents in their original
location would result in Forrest reconverting them whenever one of
them was requested - which would slow things down quite a lot. As you
would only really want this done once what would be the best way to
approach a 'once-off' conversion' - run forrest once in 'build' mode,
delete (or whatever) the original docs and then run Forrest in 'run'
mode?