forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manageing pres releases and news items (Re: The future (was Re: New skin: Coat))
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:46:33 GMT
Hi Helena
>  no original rss is used for rss output.
>  only original, local xml content.
Good, That sounds interesting. I don't suppose you could add a sample
xdoc with the relevant metadata included to the Jira issue. BTW, that
site of yours looks pretty good.

>  helena

(ross)
>  This would be a good compliement to the Feeder plugin - but like Thorsten
> obsered in earlier, we are getting dangerously close to doing things that a
> CMS system should really be doing for us. This is a very grey area - I'm not
> sure which side of the fence I sit on yet.

I think it's a discussion well worth having. I suspect that it would
be better, or more likely to succeed at any rate, to concentrate on
developing useful applications for Forrest than getting too bogged
down with semantics. Forrest can be a slippery fish when it comes down
to defining exactly what it does. Maybe we should be running a list of
possible use cases in the docs and trying to gauge what users actually
want most. Personally good html site generation is a priority, but
maybe Forrest's forte is something a bit less mainstream.