forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manageing pres releases and news items (Re: The future (was Re: New skin: Coat))
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:16:45 GMT
Sorry Ross, my mail client shows pretty well the whole thread, and I
forget that others don't see it that way. The conversation referred to
Helena's RSS plugin (or whatever... means for using RSS in her site,
covered in FOR-784) and her answer was regarding whether the method
works for internal as well as external content. From what I understand
Helen's method gets preexisting RSS data and organises it for display.
This would certainly be useful, but automated RSS creation from
Forrest internal docs format would be really useful. I really like the
idea of using RSS as an internal indexing format, and just filtering
the RSS to suit the use case.