forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The future (was Re: New skin: Coat)
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:38:31 GMT
Hi Ferdinand
Thanks for offering. As you may be aware the 'news' contract has
developed somewhat since this conversation began, see Helena's RSS
contribution: FOR-784. What I was originally thinking of was a more
generic indexer, a contract which could parse a directory, or
directory tree, (or content by other criteria, but selecting a
directory sounds like an easy place to start) and output a list of
links to documents in that directory as a plain unordered html list.
The simplest use for this would be an automated navigaton list
generator, but it could also be logically extended to create limited
lists of content according to rules.

Maybe the best place to start would for you to clarify what the
JavaScript in the current menu system actually does.
BTW: my responses over the next few days may be a little slow - I'll
be out of contact for most of this weekend, back Monday night.

paul b