forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: common.fv not working - have I missed something?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:06:41 GMT
> > <forrest:css url="styles.css" media="screen" theme="pult"/>
>
> Actually that is only interesting for the theme switcher and optional.

The dispatcher docs  (howto-structurer-dsl) says

(attribute:theme) 3. the theme, "pelt" is the default theme (another
is the "common" theme). Change this if you are using your own theme.

Which to me means 'if you want to use css from a theme other than the
default set that here'.
In a recent post you wrote about using multiple themes. I didn't
really understand how this could be done. Could you clarify please.

> > but Forrest ignoring them and just looking in the common/css directory.
>
> hmm, have you modified your locationmap?

No I haven't. Wouldn't redirecting using locationmap be a sort of
'bulldozer' solution?
Right at the moment I'm finding the whole theme setting/defining
procedure quite confusing.  Wouldn't it make sense to set the project
theme in forrest.properties, and then have all views, css locations
etc cascade from that unless specifically overridden? This would mean
you could make a copy of a theme, put it in your project themes/
directory, set the theme in forrest.properties, and then - barring
putting an .fv file in your xdocs/ directory - do all theme fiddling
within the theme copy.

pb