forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Bolger <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Manageing pres releases and news items (Re: The future (was Re: New skin: Coat))
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:09:14 GMT
> RSS is a standard format fur such things. It lists content of a
> particular type in a format that can be read by a large number of
> clients, not just Forrest.

> The idea would be create an RSS feed of all items, then use the feeder
> plugin (with modifications) to return the top four items.

Ok, I understand that. One point though: isn't converting the whole
set of documents to RSS going to be a bit resource intensive?

> If someone wants the expires meta-data then they can use it within the
> RSS generation, everything is optional ;-)
Just putting in a bid for what I'd find useful :)
> Our DTD's support meta-data elements, however, we do not (yet) handle
> meta-data well within Forrest.

Sounds like a goal for the XHTML2 translation... It would be good to
be able to add elements to source documents which could be used for
output processing.