forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: non-descript cocoon error
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:11:59 GMT
On 1/22/06, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> El dom, 22-01-2006 a las 16:43 -0500, Tim Williams escribió:
> > On 1/22/06, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> > > You need to attach the snippet from the xmap.
> >
> > As Ross suggested, I did check my xalan version and updated it to use
> > the forrest version of xalan.  The transform still works on the
> > command line and this snippet works if I remove the transform step.
> > They both work independently just not together.
>
> The output of the generator has namespaces, did your xsl takes this into
> account?

yes.

> >   I've simplified the
> > xsl to be no more than a helloworld stylesheet just to make sure.
>
> Ok, then let us step back and try something simpler maybe you added a
> method that is not valid. Try something like
> <xsl:template match="/">
>  <xsl:copy-of select="*"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> ...and see what it gives.
>
> Do you remember your last modification?

I've never gotten this to work.  I'm doing essentially the same thing
in the Blog plugin though.

> > I've seen this work before
>
> How? something like:
> java -jar saxon8.jar -o status.xml log.xml tools/svn2changes.xsl

Sorry, I meant I've seen essentially that same thing (xpathdirgen)
work before when used in much the same way.

> > and its simple stuff, just can't figure out
> > what the heck i'm doing wrong here.  Thanks to all for the help....
> > --tim
> >       <map:match pattern="gallery/index.xml">
> >          <map:generate type="xpathdirectory" src="{lm:project.images/gallery/}">
> >             <map:parameter name="depth" value="99"/>
> >             <map:parameter name="xpath" value="/"/>
> >             <map:parameter name="sort" value="lastmodified"/>
> >             <map:parameter name="reverse" value="true"/>
> >             <map:parameter name="exclude" value="\.svn$"/>
> >          </map:generate>
> >         <map:transform src="resources/stylesheets/galleryHome.xsl"/>
> >         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> >       </map:match>
>
> Actually if you say without the transformer it is working, I need to see
> this xsl to say something.

I can't even get what you wrote above working -- though mine wasn't
much more than that. Here's your version:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:dir="http://apache.org/cocoon/directory/2.0">

  <xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:copy-of select="*"/>
  </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

> Anyway if you use <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"/> that could be the
> reason for failing, since I dunno whether cocoon supports 2.0.

No, it's 1.0.  Since the generator works and the stylesheet alone
works, I wonder what could make it not work together?  Just to make
sure, I've tried applying the stylesheet to a xml based on a regular
file generator and it works fine.  I'm wondering if the
xpathdirectorygenerator somehow isn't returning the data fast enough
for the transformer?  I'm not familiar with how the transformers
operate and how they would handle a slow generator - seems like this
wouldn't be an issue it'd just handle the event whenever it fired but
I don't know.

Thanks for the help...
--tim