forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: non-descript cocoon error
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:42:39 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Does this mean anything to anyone?  It happens when I include a
> transform in the pipeline with an xpathdirectorygenerator.  I'm sure
> I'm doing something dumb but "Internal Cocoon Problem" doesn't help
> much in determing what that something is.  I can return the raw xml if
> I omit the transform.  I can transform the xml from the command line
> without problem. When I put the two together this is the stack trace.

The problem is not in Cocoon but in Xalan, see below:

> ERROR   (2006-01-22) 14:52.14:532   [access] (/gallery/index.xml)
> PoolThread-4/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon Problem
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to process pipeline
> 	at <map:serialize type="xml"> -
> file:/C:/src/apache-forrest-trunk-s/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery/input.xmap:41:36

> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException
> 	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3493)

I appreciate that this error isn't much more helpful, but at least it
gives you another place to look and also gives me a clue that the
problem is in the XSL.

Have you tested it from the command line using Xalan or some other XSLT
processor. Perhaps it was a different version of Xalan?

These are all guesses in the hope that they may give you inspiration, I
can't be any more direct help I'm afraid.

Ross