forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Example use case.
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:51:10 GMT
Gav.... wrote:

This is whole thing getting confusing. It feels like you are trying to
solve all problems at once, and as a result are being recommended to
approach it with a whole raft of technologies.

Lets take it one step at a time. Here are the major tasks:

1) get a theme that you like
2) get the content (without navigation) in your desired input format
3) get the navigation sections to work (either by integrating your
existing systems or starting afresh)

Lets tackle one of these at a time. It doesn't matter, from a technical
perspective, which you do first (and hence those of us who understand
Forrest inside out throw out all these technologies all at once). For a
slow introduction I would recommend doing it in the order noted above.

You can work on the theme part by taking a sample site and modifying the
theme and bringing your CSS into it (I see in another thread you are
already starting to do this).

Ross