forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSL for XML to RTF
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:48:48 GMT
Trevor Miller wrote:

> Is there any XSL that transforms the Apache Document Format XML into
> Rich Text Format (RTF), has anyone done this or know of something like this?

We generate *.fo for the PDF stuff. The best thing to do would be to use
a tool such as JFor to use this *.fo to generate your RDF.

Some time ago I threw together a test plugin to do just this. It worked
with some pages, but not with others. I did not have the time to look
into the problems, but JFor has had a number of releases since then. You
may like to upgrade the JFOR jar and try the plugin again.

The code is in SVN at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/rtf-output/

It is *very* old and has not even been updated to the naming standards
for plugins. I make no guarantees of it working, but it is a good
starting point and I (and others) are here to answer questions.

Ross