forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Our doc deployment process
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:53:29 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>>
>>>Ross Gardler escribi??:

>>>does that mean I cannot use forrest from my zone account to deploy the
>>>official documentation? Only to the staging server?
>>
>>Correct.
>>

>>>How is David doing this?
>>
>>See our web deployment instructions in the etc folder.
>>
>>We deploy to SVN, the live server then updates from there every four hours.
>>
>>It would be possible to make the forrestbot deploy automatically to the
>>svn server (in fact we use the forrestbot to do it manually).
>

> Except for one thing. It needs to be a committer doing
> the svn checkin, not a role-based account.

Ahhh... yes - I *always* forget that (not a problem in some
environments, but it is a problem here at the ASF and I'm not at all
sure how it could be solved here).

It is technically possible, but it means leaving a file with username
and password with SVN commit access on the zone. Obviously, this is not
a good idea from a security perspective.

Ross