forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Manageing pres releases and news items (Re: The future (was Re: New skin: Coat))
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:33:59 GMT
Helena Edelson wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Helena Edelson wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know if I can help but I have several content RSS feeds on
>>> one of my forrest sites, http://summitjournal.com
>>> it was really simple do customize.

>> [context: creating RSS feeds from Forrest content objects]
>>
>> Can you explain a little about how you create these feeds?

> I set up my RSS pages rather simply by implementing 4 things:
> 1. skin/....html/rss2document.xsl
> 2. resources/stylesheets/feeds.xsl
> 3. skinconf
> 4. xmap

So, if I understand correctly you are not creating RSS feeds from
existing content, rather you are including RSS feeds within your site.

Did you try the feeder plugin before doing this work? That plugin is a
very simple rss input plugin.

Would you like to contribute your ehancements to that plugin? Don't
worry if you don't have the time to merge your work with the plugin code
itself, simply open an issue and attach the feeds.xsl, details of any
relevant skinconf.xml extensions and the relevant xmap snippets.

That way we know the information is there and when someone has a strong
enough itch they can scratch it using your code as a base.

Ross