forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r367799 - /forrest/branches/dispatcher/
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:25:10 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 11-01-2006 a las 10:51 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
>
>>>yeah agree, so what do you suggest? Like said I do not see the point in
>>>a 100% copy if I change <5%.
>>
>>That is not how branching works. When you create a branch it only
>>creates copies of the parts that are changed. Therefore, doing an "svn
>>switch" is really quick and easy.
>>
>>Since you have found your requred changes will affect trunk, I'd suggest
>>using a proper branch.
>

> What speaks against "just create the final dispatcher
> plugins (like I did in the branch) in the trunk and leave v1 and v2 in
> our trunk till we have pelt contracts working with the dispatcher"?

I may have misunderstood, but I thought you said that your changes would
couse problems in trunk and that is why you finally decided to use a
"branch".

The only other thing that worries me is that there are already two
different versions of views in whiteboard, you are now working on a
thir. It is getting very confusing (your title is well deserved ;-).

Ross