forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r366100 - in /forrest/trunk/main: fresh-site/forrest.properties template-sites/basic/forrest.properties template-sites/benchmark/forrest.properties template-sites/business/forrest.properties template-sites/v3/forrest.properti
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:24:42 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El jue, 05-01-2006 a las 16:14 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
>
>>Tim Williams a écrit :

> The solution David has chosen you still can define your minimum
> configuration even if you just override one property. Besides he added a
> nice header that you can add any given property again by looking up the
> fresh-site file (we everything is pretty much described).

You are mixing the two commits David made. One was to clear out
unnecessary stuff from plugins etc. I'm +1 for that. The other is the
one above, this is for the template sites. These are used by users as a
starting point and therefore extra documentation in there will reduce
the number of questions we get on the mailing lists.

> Another way is to define a svn:ext. Meaning all template sites would
> keep the blown away properties to play around but we as project have to
> maintain only one (e.g. the one from fresh-site).

+1 (for the seed sites only - I'm happy with the minimal stuff in
plugins etc. that are not used by users in the same way)

Ross