forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Saving pages from forrest run
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:04:50 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> It told me that the file was saved, but i couldn't find
> it anywhere. You need to have done 'forrest site' once
> before doing 'forrest run' and save. Fair enough, but
> perhaps there should have been an error.

There is an item in the status file to add error checking ;-)

However, I did test without having done forrest site first, and it
worked for me. I'll look deeper.

> I have a similar application that uses Cocoon's
> SourceWritingTransformer which is nice. Don't know
> if that helps to keep this application simple.

I used the SourceWritingTransformer in the Notes plugin, I also used it
in the very first implementation of this (before the XSP experiment).
However, as we discussed things it became apparent that the
SourceWritingTransformer was not sufficient because of the extra checks
we neeed to make as part of the "idiot checks".

Ross