forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javascript file processing...
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:36:22 GMT
CFAS Webmaster wrote:
> All,
>
>  I'm submitting this to the dev list because I *think* this is new
> behaviour in 0.8.  I haven't tried it again with 0.7 as this machine is
> a bit low on disk space.
>
>  I have an HTML file that I'm processing through Forrest,
> http://www.cfas.org/Committees/Application.html if you're interested.
> It included a Javascript file in a <script> tag.  Unfortunately Forrest
> is trying to process the tag contents and replace them.  The error
> message is this:
>
> X [0]                                     Committees/dues.js     BROKEN:
> /home/kronenpj/src/svn/forrest/main/webapp/./resources/scripts/Committees/dues.js
> (No such file or directory)
>
> While it's true that the ./resources/scripts/Committees/dues.js file
> doesn't exist, that's not how I'm referencing it in the HTML file.  The
> tag is this in the source, in the Committees subdirectory:
>
> <script src="dues.js" language="javascript"
> type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> While I can place the Javascript file into Forrest's
> resources/scripts/Committees, that's not where I feel it belongs.  I
> would like to know what piece within Forrest to change to make it
> comply, if that's possible.

Don't touch the Forrest core files (unless you feel your modification
would be useful to a wider audience).

If you don't like the location Forrest wants to put scripts then simply
write a match in your project sitemap to intercept this request.
Something like:

<map:match pattern="dues.js">
   <map:read src="{project:content}/foo/bar/dues.js" .../>
</map:match>

Ross