forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Writing generated page to disk in "forrest run"
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:15:39 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

> I'm not a huge fan of having a webapp writing content (security,
> personal preference, etc.).

We are talking about writing to a local build directory not to the live
server.

>  I think we
> have a long-standing issue to only build those files that have changed
> and we should focus efforts on that considerably challenging problem -
> building everything for one simple change is likely more of an
> annoyance to our real users I suspect.

Exactly, and it is that long standing issue that this proposal solves
since the edt is usually previewed in the browser anyway.

> forrest site /path/to/my/doc.html
> (we should probably also start accepting a boolean for the CLI
> "followLinks" flag too)
>
> and get the desired effect IIUC.

That is no different to what I am proposing, except I remove the need to
type the command, it's a click on a button ;-)

Ross