forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Distributing themes
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:14:34 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mar, 03-01-2006 a las 13:25 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>>I propose that themes be distributed as plugins rather than having them
>>>all in the themer plugin. ...

> Resuming all above, I am with you that we need a system to package
> themes and make them downloadable but disagree about the overhead to do
> it with a plugin.

What overhead? Specifics please.

Note that I already addressed the point about docs, which should be
removed from the download and packaged separately. This is easily done
by adding an <exclude...> pattern to the ant script.

Note that things like input.xmap, locationmap.xml etc. are only used if
they are present.

> I agree as well on the naming convention, so how can we use the old
> fashion skin download mechanism for themes?

The plugin download mechanism *is* the original skin download mechanism
(with versioning added).

Ross