forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject New skin: Coat
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 06:48:35 GMT
I've been wanting to create a skin for Forrest that looks like that at
http://www.apache.org for some time. Mostly because the default Forrest
skins are, well "old".

The recent thread on the incubator list discussing Forrest as a tool has
finally prompted me into action (congrats to anyone deliberately
provoking us to make this happen ;-). I've built the Incubator site
using it.

It's not perfect, but a a very good start. Really this should be done in
the dispatcher, especially since most of the work is removing stuff from
pelt and changing the CSS. However, we need this now, at least as a demo
of a good clean skin. Besides, it only took about an hour and a half.

You can view the prototype skin at:
http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/coat/

Ross