forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Writing generated page to disk in "forrest run"
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 04:18:13 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Comments?
>

> If they have other forms of the document e.g.
> *.pdf or *.pod or *.txt etc. then those duplicate
> formats would not be generated, because links
> would not be followed.

Good point.

That will have to be addressed. Couple of options:

I think that should be fairly easy to do by flagging links that are
created by output plugins in the skin/theme with a specific class. The
tool can then look for such links in the page and publish them (doesn't
work is a user manually adds such a link)

Alternative:

Assume page is foo.html, then scan the page for links to "foo.*" and
render those pages too. Still doesn't work is the different format is
linked from another site.

Interim conclusion:

We need to provide site validation tools that check all local links in
the locally built site. These could be run on a deploy command.

Ross