forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why is forrest xml output not utf-8
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:03:50 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >I don't know much about encodings, but why are the documents output
> >by our xml serializer as ISO-8859-1 rather than UTF-8?
>
> I'm confused, I thought we were outputing UTF-8, certainly recent
> messages on the user list say we are.

For "html" we are. I am talking about xml output
both internal and final.

Ah, i just found something interesting ...

If we look at an xml output via 'forrest run'
e.g. localhost:8888/index.xml then yes the
encoding is UTF-8.

However in command-line 'forrest site' mode
the xml documents are ISO-8859-1. Try it in
our site-author which produces a few example
xml output docs (index.xml and faq.xml).

This uses the "xml-document" serializer declared
in main/webapp/sitemap.xmap

Specifically set the "encoding" parameter to be
UTF-8 and all is well in both Forrest modes.

-David