forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher final release (was Re: Dispatcher v3)
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:05:17 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Gav.... escribi??:

> > It sounds like v3 isn't going to be ready for a bit, so I should really
> > concentrate on doing what I need to using v2, I just wanted to
> > try v3 and see what came of it. If it worked then I could carry on
> > and convert my site to look like the old one and know my way
> > around v3 more and therefore be more use.
>
> Actually if your site do not have to be up before end of February, I
> would be more then happy if you play around with v3. I will give a
> speech about the dispatcher at the II Open Source World Conference in
> Malaga, Spain, on 15th, 16th and 17th of February. [1]
>
> I will try to release the first version of the dispatcher into the core
> plugins *before* the conference, since I want to show released
> plugins. ;-)

Don't call it "released". We do not yet have any
official releases of plugins. Official releases need
a PMC vote. We do not yet have an independent release
process for plugins. We just bundle all plugins
(both whiteboard and core) with each official Forrest
release.

I gather that you are talking about moving the
dispatcher stuff out of the whiteboard. That needs
discussion on this dev@ list, which might take
some time.

-David