forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml output plugin and filename extension .xml
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:49:08 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone familiar with configuration of the Cocoon crawler? We need to
> > modify it so that it will follow links defined in whatever format the
> > output document creates rather than just HTML format documents.
>
> In our main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf
>
>     |    confirm-extensions: check the mime type for the generated page
>     |                        and adjust filename and links extensions
>     |                        to match the mime type
>     |                        (e.g. text/html->.html)
>
> at the moment it is set to false.
>
> I have never understood how to use it.
>
> Are you suggesting that we might be able to get rid of
> the need for responding on filename extensions.
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CommandLine
>
> I notice from those docs that the default is
> confirm-extensions=true (opposite to us).

I tried this today ...

Edit main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf and
set "confirm-extensions=true".

Do 'forrest site' ...

* [1/0]     [0/0]     5.633s 10.5Kb  linkmap.html
Total time: 0 minutes 7 seconds,  Site size: 10,782 Site pages: 1

So it processed the first page but did not gather any links
from the page (the third column numbers are empty).

Unfortunately we cannot see any logs in 'forrest site' mode
due to issue:

-David