forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Dispatcher quickstart
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:56:17 GMT
(After answers i will put this into the Howto Structurer.)

I wanted to quickly see how an existing site goes
with the new Dispatcher.

1) added structurer and themer plugins to forrest.properties
2) deployed structurer plugins with etc/structurer.sh
3) localhost:8888/index.html ... fantastic.

Now use another theme ...

4) added project.theme=pelt to forrest.properties
5) re-start 'forrest run' ... fantastic.

Now i want to add a new what-do-i-call-it (contract?)
For example, lets add the text link at the top right.

Do i need to create a whole new structurer by
copying say pelt.fv to src/documentation/content/xdocs/common.fv
and insert a new contract for the text link.

Say i want to remove the default xml link.

Sorry for asking potentially silly questions.
I am trying to see how to extend/modify an existing
structurer without creating a maintenance problem.

-David