forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml output plugin and filename extension .xml
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:05:09 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Thanks for the thoughts on the other aspects - very helpful.
> >
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> >>In use cases like this one, the locationmap would map *.xml to something
> >>like *.anakia.xml.
> >

> >This sounds interesting.
> >
> >There is another problem. To get the xml output happening
> >for the whole site in 'forrest site' mode, we need a
> >link on each page (just so that Cocoon will crawl to it).
> >For example, the PDF and POD plugins both need a special
> >link added to the html page.
> >
> >When using this new Anakia output plugin, we don't need
> >the html version at all. We are only interested in the
> >*.xml (i.e. anakia.xml) version of each document.
> >
> >Also a link to the anakia version does not belong
> >on the html page anyway.
> >
> >Can anyone see another way to get these xml version
> >produced without adding that XML-icon and xml link.
>
> A this is an interesting one...
>
> Is anyone familiar with configuration of the Cocoon crawler? We need to
> modify it so that it will follow links defined in whatever format the
> output document creates rather than just HTML format documents.

In our main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf

    |    confirm-extensions: check the mime type for the generated page
    |                        and adjust filename and links extensions
    |                        to match the mime type
    |                        (e.g. text/html->.html)

at the moment it is set to false.

I have never understood how to use it.

Are you suggesting that we might be able to get rid of
the need for responding on filename extensions.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CommandLine

I notice from those docs that the default is
confirm-extensions=true (opposite to us).

-David