forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml output plugin and filename extension .xml
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:38:15 GMT
Thanks for the thoughts on the other aspects - very helpful.

Ross Gardler wrote:

> In use cases like this one, the locationmap would map *.xml to something
> like *.anakia.xml.

This sounds interesting.

There is another problem. To get the xml output happening
for the whole site in 'forrest site' mode, we need a
link on each page (just so that Cocoon will crawl to it).
For example, the PDF and POD plugins both need a special
link added to the html page.

When using this new Anakia output plugin, we don't need
the html version at all. We are only interested in the
*.xml (i.e. anakia.xml) version of each document.

Also a link to the anakia version does not belong
on the html page anyway.

Can anyone see another way to get these xml version
produced without adding that XML-icon and xml link.

-David