forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: photogallery plugin thoughts
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 22:08:27 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >So this would require adding the cocoon-imagereader-block
> >to Forrest. Are you happy with doing Forrest's Cocoon
> >upgrade process? I will do it if you are not comfortable.
>
> Do not add the block to Cocoon. Add it to the rel;vant jars to the
> plugin lib - no need to rebuild Forrests Cocoon.

I see that all three of us are on different tracks.
Originally i confused things by assuming that Tim
was using the existing image handling capability
in Cocoon, i.e. its Imagereader Block. He is not.

I now presume that Tim has his own Java source code
at the Gallery plugin.

See the other branch of this plugin discussion thread.

> (caveat: this only works if there are no xconf changes in the block,
> although it should be possible to make the plugin system work even in
> this instance - we'd need to discuss how, I've tried a few methods in
> the past)

Fantastic. We need to document that. It sounds like
a very easy way to add Cocoon functionality.

Supposedly if it is common functionality then it goes
in lib/core

-David