forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: photogallery plugin thoughts
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:51:39 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Helena Edelson wrote:
> >
> >  Just wondering since Java was mentioned, will you be coding this in xml for Forrest
or do you need something in Java for Cocoon?
> >  something using JPEGCodec, JPEGImageEncoder, MediaTracker, Graphics2D, Resize,
etc?

> >  My experience is that uploading the full images and using software/code to generate
the thumbnail on the server is memory intensive, although I am not familiar with the readers
mentioned by Tim. I know of a dll that resizes on the server on upload but who runs windoz
servers anyway.

Helena, Cocoon already has various compoments for
handling images. See some basic demos here ...
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/imagereader/

Tim, there is a patch for a new "imageop" block
sitting in Cocoon Jira which might be of interest.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1301

-David