forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javascript file processing...
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 00:03:22 GMT
CFAS Webmaster wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> >You can see that default match at main/webapp/resources.xmap
> >line 153 ...
> ><!-- @deprecated -->
> ><map:match pattern="**.js">
> ><map:read src="resources/scripts/{1}.js"
> >mime-type="application/x-javascript" />
> ></map:match>
> >
> >I wonder if we should change that so that it first
> >looked in sub-directories and then looked at the
> >top-level of resources/scripts/
> >
> That would be nice for me, but is it the "right" thing to do for the
> general case?
>
> >That says "deprecated". I wonder why. Supposedly
> >because now the main technique is that skin-specific
> >method described in the FAQ. However this is still
> >needed for legacy html.
> >
> >BTW, how will this be handled with Dispatcher?
> >Would it still use the technique described in the FAQ?
> >
> >Otherwise Paul, as always you can over-ride any
> >match as Ross describes below.
> >
> I'd take you up on that, but it doesn't work.  I think I've found the
> "right place" for it, but it doesn't change the behavior.

> <map:pipelines>
>  <map:pipeline>
>    <map:match pattern="dues.js">
>      <map:read src="{project:content}/Committees/dues.js"
> mime-type="text/plain"/>
>    </map:match>
>  </map:pipeline>
> </map:pipelines>
>
> If map:match pattern... is placed almost anywhere else in the file it
> doesn't validate.  No matter where it's placed, it doesn't change the
> behavior of Cocoon.  :(

How about this:
<map:pipelines>
 <map:pipeline>
<!-- ensure that the match deals with sub-directories -->
   <map:match pattern="**dues.js">
<!-- or be very specific
   <map:match pattern="**Committees/dues.js">
-->
     <map:read src="{project:content}/Committees/dues.js"
mime-type="application/x-javascript" />
<!-- use the correct mime-type as shown above in main/webapp/resources.xmap -->
   </map:match>
 </map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>

Or you could get very general like this.
However, this might interefere too much with
the core of Forrest.
<map:match pattern="**/*.js">
 <map:read src="{project:content}/{1}/{2}.js"
   mime-type="application/x-javascript" />
</map:match>

I presume that you have the dues.js at
src/documentation/content/Committees/dues.js

-David