forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [zone] httpd configuration (was character entities)
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:16:30 GMT
El mar, 24-01-2006 a las 23:43 +0100, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> El mié, 25-01-2006 a las 09:23 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > David Crossley escribi??:

> > > Yeah, I tried the .htaccess tip but like you stated there are some other
> > > configurations to do.
> > >
> > > Do you know which or maybe can point me to some resources?
> >
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/
> >
> > Need to enable the use of .htaccess files.
> >

> Thx, will have a look.

sudo su
vi /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
find "Directory" and add the "" the part should look like:

# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# features.
#
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
</Directory>

That is better as stated in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html since
"However, in general, use of .htaccess files should be avoided when
possible. Any configuration that you would consider putting in
a .htaccess file, can just as effectively be made in a <Directory>
section in your main server configuration file."

Should I apply it as well for our zone? I did it only for Lenya atm and
it works fine. :)

salu2
--
thorsten