forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher v
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:11:12 GMT
El vie, 20-01-2006 a las 11:36 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

> >> Yes, I have the same last error, but I don't know where it comes from...
> >>

> > Ok, I did a quick test. If you change the theme to common then the error
> > is gone. Meaning that a contract in pelt.fv is causing this.
> >
> > If I had time right now I would comment all contracts and uncomment them
> > one by one. Then I would have found the offending contract and could do
> > further investigation limited to this contract.
> >
> > I will have a look tonight earliest, meanwhile if somebody finds this
> > contract, please start a new thread "Contract xyz.ft is causing [Fatal
> > Error] :3:5: Content is not allowed in prolog" and I can have a quick
> > look. ;-)
> >
> > Actually the prolog part gives me the guess that some contract is
> > providing something like
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > content in prolog
> >

> Ok, but what is the content in prolog ?

Any given "String" that is not within an element tag. You only can use
certain elements such as comments, pi, ... in the prolog but not a
string. A string *has to be* surrounded by a root element. I meant the
example literally.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
string-prolog
EOF or elements

> >> Fore the searchbox and the nav-main content next to the logo, try to
> >> deploy the structurer to take into account the new java version
> >> (correction of the div with the same name)
> >>

> > I actually did, but did not build clean forrest before.
> > Thanks. It is working fine now.
> >
> Cool,
> >
> >> Salutations,
> >> Cyriaque,
> >>

> > Thx Cyriaque, btw did we finished the migration from v2 to v3?
> >
> For pelt we need to migrate the branding-theme-profiler.ft.
> (But I am still thinking to drawn nearer the csszengarden xhtml style
> which is much more consistent and let devs easily customise with css help.
> So I don't know if we should migrate the contract now or redesign the
> xhtml output - of every contracts :-[ )
> (Maybe I am going to start a new theme for this with a design documentation)

:) My dream seems to finally come through having forrest output
csszengarden like html. A while ago I thought about the possibilities of
such a theme (back then I called them skins):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=108861988507391&w=2

Count me in and yes we need a new theme for that.

Anyway still we need to look again in our default output of contracts
and *should* try to remove design specific markup where ever possible.

e.g. search-input.fv starts with <div class="search-input"> which should
be better extracted to the structurer to enhance re-usability of the
contract in different themes.

IMO not all of the contracts need to be redesign but quite a lot, but
this work is well invested and needs to be done in order to minimize
maintenance for themes in general.

> For common, we still miss some contracts (I think between 5 and 10...)

Ok, I will hopefully have time for a closer look on the weekend. Good on
ya, Cyriaque.

salu2
--
thorsten