forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher gives stack overflow
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:42:33 GMT
El jue, 19-01-2006 a las 19:40 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:

...
> > Hmm, never saw this in my life. ...but wait do you have a match="*.hmtl"
> > in your plugin?
> 
> No. Only pattern="^(.*?)([^/]*)locations.xml$"
> 
> >>It looks to me like we have a loop between the sitemap and the 
> >>locationmap. 
> > 
> > 
> > hmm, I do not think so.
> 
> Something is adding all those "-linkmap" sections to the request. And it 
> sure looks like a loop to me. Maybe, you'll be more convinced if I tell 
> you that before the one copied above is a whole series that look like 
> this...
> 
> PARAM: 'hint' VALUE: 'structurer.html.index'
> 
> ...
> 
> LEVEL 2
> PARAM: '2' VALUE: 'linkmap-index'
> PARAM: '0' VALUE: 'structurer.html.linkmap-index'
> PARAM: '1' VALUE: 'html'
> LEVEL 1 is named 'lm'
> PARAM: '../hint' VALUE: 'structurer.html.linkmap-index
> 
> ...
> 
> got location: cocoon://prepare.structurer.html.linkmap-index
> 
> ...
> 
> PARAM: 'hint' VALUE: 'structurer.html.linkmap-linkmap-index'
> 
> ...
> 
> got location: cocoon://prepare.structurer.html.linkmap-linkmap-index
> 
> ...
> 
> PARAM: 'hint' VALUE: 'structurer.html.linkmap-linkmap-linkmap-index'
> 
> ...
> 
> got location: cocoon://prepare.structurer.html.linkmap-linkmap-linkmap-index
> 
> ...
> 
> And so on...

Hmm, yeah that seems like a loop. I just tried the same think and the
same happens to me. 

Then I looked into site.xml and found:
<forrestPlugins label="Plugins Index" href="site:forrest/plugins"
description="Index of Forrest Plugins"/>

I changed this to 
<!--<forrestPlugins label="Plugins Index" href="site:forrest/plugins"
description="Index of Forrest Plugins"/>-->

...and voila, it is working. Then I remembered finally that somebody
reported stack overflows with the dispatcher and found:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-738

This seems to be the cause of your problems, v2 is again not working
with site: in general (I did some tests with the lenya.zones site [based
on v2]). Maybe it is because of the indirections of lm and v2, but it
seems to be more, once again, the jxpath problem.

We need to see what gives v3 with the site:, but if it is fixed there it
wont fix in v2, if not we need to dig in again why Davids workaround for
site: is not working anymore.

HTH

salu2
-- 
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!" 
Hey you (Pink Floyd)


Mime
View raw message