forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml output plugin and filename extension .xml
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:33:22 GMT
El mar, 17-01-2006 a las 23:49 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Ross Gardler wrote:
> > >
> > > Is anyone familiar with configuration of the Cocoon crawler? We need to
> > > modify it so that it will follow links defined in whatever format the
> > > output document creates rather than just HTML format documents.
> >
> > In our main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf
> >
> >     |    confirm-extensions: check the mime type for the generated page
> >     |                        and adjust filename and links extensions
> >     |                        to match the mime type
> >     |                        (e.g. text/html->.html)
> >
> > at the moment it is set to false.
> >
> > I have never understood how to use it.
> >
> > Are you suggesting that we might be able to get rid of
> > the need for responding on filename extensions.
> >
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/
> > http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CommandLine
> >
> > I notice from those docs that the default is
> > confirm-extensions=true (opposite to us).
>
> I tried this today ...
>
> Edit main/webapp/WEB-INF/cli.xconf and
> set "confirm-extensions=true".
>
> Do 'forrest site' ...
>
> * [1/0]     [0/0]     5.633s 10.5Kb  linkmap.html
> Total time: 0 minutes 7 seconds,  Site size: 10,782 Site pages: 1
>
> So it processed the first page but did not gather any links
> from the page (the third column numbers are empty).
>
> Unfortunately we cannot see any logs in 'forrest site' mode
> due to issue:

Just a shot in the dark, we have/had a similar problem in v2. The
crawler expect certain markup such as <a href=""/> AFAIR.

You may have a look into
<map:resource name="read-linked-text">
      <map:generate type="text" src="{path}" />
      <map:transform type="pattern"
        src="{forrest:context}/resources/chaperon/grammars/link.xlex" />
      <map:transform
        src="{forrest:context}/resources/chaperon/stylesheets/pattern2link.xsl" />
      <map:serialize type="text" mime-type="text/css" />
    </map:resource>

Here we are generating such markup, so I reckon you should try to add <a href="/"/>
to you doc (if not aready) which IMO should work. What is forrest run doing?

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)