forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: common.fv not working - have I missed something?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:28:11 GMT
El jue, 12-01-2006 a las 22:51 +1300, Paul Bolger escribió:
> Thanks Cyriaque. That's the answer to the my first problem.
>
> Hi Thorsten - now my problem is that I have a copy of 'pelt', er
> 'pult' in which I have a few modified contracts (in my local themes
> directory) Before changing the project theme to 'common' I was
> specifying 'pult' as the project theme.

If you do and want a fallback for pult you can
a) add it to {yourProject}/.../themes/pult.fv
b) add it to {yourProject}/.../xdocs/pult.fv

This are absolute fallbacks.

>  Now I have common.fv working,
> but Forrest isn't finding the modified theme.

Hmm, weird. ...but if you do not specify pult in your properties that
would be the explanation. Anyway try adding pult.fv to b)

> I've tried two entries,
> doesn't work; comma separated values, ditto;

multiple fallbacks are not supported. It would be a logical problem
which fallback to use.

> changing the name of
> 'common.fv' to pult.fv... I'm running out of ideas!

changing common.fv to pult.fv and defining the theme in
forrest.properties should work.

All what I said assumes that you are changing stuff in your project and
*NOT* in the core.

hth
salu2