forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r367799 - /forrest/branches/dispatcher/
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:22:26 GMT
El mié, 11-01-2006 a las 11:25 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>That is not how branching works. When you create a branch it only
> >>creates copies of the parts that are changed. Therefore, doing an "svn
> >>switch" is really quick and easy.
> >>
> >>Since you have found your requred changes will affect trunk, I'd suggest
> >>using a proper branch.
> >

> > What speaks against "just create the final dispatcher
> > plugins (like I did in the branch) in the trunk and leave v1 and v2 in
> > our trunk till we have pelt contracts working with the dispatcher"?
>

> I may have misunderstood, but I thought you said that your changes would
> couse problems in trunk and that is why you finally decided to use a
> "branch".

Yes and no. Yes if I use the v2 plugins directly, no if I start new
plugins.

> The only other thing that worries me is that there are already two
> different versions of views in whiteboard, you are now working on a
> thir. It is getting very confusing (your title is well deserved ;-).

jeje ;-)

I totally understand you and we need to clear out the confusion. Still I
think creating 2 new plugins would be quickest and easiest way. I will
start clearing the v1 plugins then we have the same number of
plugins ;-)

wdyt?

salu2

--