forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r367799 - /forrest/branches/dispatcher/
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:01:07 GMT
El mar, 10-01-2006 a las 22:18 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> thorsten@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: thorsten
> > Date: Tue Jan 10 13:36:57 2006
> > New Revision: 367799

> > Log:
> > Creation of the dispatcher refactoring branch
> >
> > Added:
> >     forrest/branches/dispatcher/
>
> I'm a little confused here. This is not a branch, it is a new directory
> within the branches repository.
>
> What are you intending on doing in here and why is it not a true branch?
>
> Ross

It is not a true branch because I will change 5% of the trunk.

I have copied the related resources into the branch and renamed them.

Now I can
ln -s
them with the trunk again. It is like I am working with the trunk but
doing the editing in the dispatcher branch. This way we do not have to
merge the branch, because the resulting work will replace all
view/dispatcher related work of the trunk.

I thought I should use a branch for it. That is what you suggested the
other time (or better said I understood).

Is there a problem with the chosen method?

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"