forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: seed-v3 and dispatcher-enabled seed-sample (Was: ForrestBot build for forrest-sample-2 FAILED)
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 14:03:23 GMT
El sáb, 07-01-2006 a las 11:41 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Tim Williams wrote:

> > > I changed it to v3, then back again -- got nervous I might be missing
> > > something.  Anyway, looking around was fun, now I'll stop and let
> > > David fix it;)
> >
> > :-) Thanks for trying. The forrest-sample-2 has some manually
> > modified config files. I will investigate - hopefully i can
> > remember what i did.
>
> There were svn conflicts in the locally modified forrest.properties
> following the automatic 'svn update'. Fixed now.
>
> The way i have that set up is to let forrestbot do the very first
> build (so it was seed-sample) then tweak forrest.properties
> on the zone to have the structurer/themer plugins added.
> Thereafter the svn update keeps it in sync. Except for today's
> svn conflicts. Should be correct now.
>
> > The reason that i had that seed-sample site is to excercise
> > the Dispatcher on a full site.
> >
> > Yes, i have been meaning to set up the v3 seed for ages.
> > Will try soon.
>
> It doesn't work anyway. There are stacks of errors from
> doing 'forrest seed-v3; forrest site'. When it is ready,
> then it is very easy to set up a forrestbot build for it.

Yeah I think it is because a conflict of the v3 and the dispatcher
plugins. Since I did not made a branch I coded it in the project
sitemap. I think that leaded to the error stack.

I will follow the earlier suggestion of forrest devs to open a new
branch for cleaning the plugins and make them v3 compatible.

Please for now we should use the v2 since it is stable. I will try to
fix the dispatcher ASAP to be able to release it.

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"