forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New skin: Coat
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:50:31 GMT
El lun, 02-01-2006 a las 06:48 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> I've been wanting to create a skin for Forrest that looks like that at
> http://www.apache.org for some time. Mostly because the default Forrest
> skins are, well "old".
>
> The recent thread on the incubator list discussing Forrest as a tool has
> finally prompted me into action (congrats to anyone deliberately
> provoking us to make this happen ;-). I've built the Incubator site
> using it.
>
> It's not perfect, but a a very good start. Really this should be done in
> the dispatcher, especially since most of the work is removing stuff from
> pelt and changing the CSS. However, we need this now, at least as a demo
> of a good clean skin. Besides, it only took about an hour and a half.

Actually I am still trying to catch up all the mails around the emerging
need for this and a couple of other threads, so just a quick remark
about it.

Actually we can use the css and do it in a dispatcher theme. We need to
finish up the dispatcher and release it because it solves a lot of the
problems that leaded us to this new skin.

I would be happy to create a coat theme and release the dispatcher with
it but IMO we need to focus on the dispatcher more then to do it in
skins now.

I understand what you have done with the creation of this skin and
really appreciate it, but now we should finish the dispatcher. BTW IMO
it would have been faster to do it with a structurer + css. ;-)

> You can view the prototype skin at:
> http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/coat/
>
> Ross

salu2