forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Example use case.
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:19:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: Example use case.

| Gav.... wrote:
|
| This is whole thing getting confusing. It feels like you are trying to
| solve all problems at once, and as a result are being recommended to
| approach it with a whole raft of technologies.

Ok, I agree, but all the answers have helped.

| Lets take it one step at a time. Here are the major tasks:
|
| 1) get a theme that you like

Back to using v2, this is the stage where I am at.

I have followed the Dispatcher Quickstart guide to the letter
and it works perfectly (forgets to mention to add
project.theme-extension=.fv
to forrest.properties) . So this I have completed no problem.

Now, instead of altering pelt.fv I thought I would instead copy it
and call it pili.fv, saving in the same folder as pelt.fv.
I then rename project.theme=pili in project.properties.
re-run forrest run and I get Internal Server Error with :-

"ElemTemplateElement error: Found more than one template named: noFt-body"

So I guess I cant create my own named theme just yet, or I missed something
not documented maybe. I will alter pelt.fv in the meantime.

| 2) get the content (without navigation) in your desired input format
| 3) get the navigation sections to work (either by integrating your
| existing systems or starting afresh)
|
| Lets tackle one of these at a time. It doesn't matter, from a technical
| perspective, which you do first (and hence those of us who understand
| Forrest inside out throw out all these technologies all at once). For a
| slow introduction I would recommend doing it in the order noted above.
|
| You can work on the theme part by taking a sample site and modifying the
| theme and bringing your CSS into it (I see in another thread you are
| already starting to do this).

Using seed-sample and building from that.

Thanks

Gav...

| Ross
|

| --