forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Dispatcher v3
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:31:37 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:45 PM
Subject: Re: Dispatcher v3

| Thorsten Scherler wrote:
| > El jue, 19-01-2006 a las 22:16 +0800, Gav.... escribió:
| >
| >>I thought I would try following the new dispatcher quickstart and other
docs
| >>on v3.
| >>
| >>I get v3 to work no problem, enable pelt.fv in forrest.properties, works
| >>fine.
| >>
| >>Then I did :-
| >>
| >>copy /themes/pelt/* > /themes/pili/*
| >>copy /themes/pelt.fv > /themes/pili.fv
| >>change pelt.fv to pili.fv in forrest.properties
| >>forrest run
| >>
| >>The result is all the content but no CSS applied,
| >>

| > Can I see the corresponding structurer part?
| >
| > Are you sure that you are using v3 and not v2? v3 is highly buggy till I
| > find the time to finish it up.
|
| And Davids how to is for v2.

Yes, I realised that, however as a general guide it was useful, only for v3
some steps are already done for you than what is in Davids howTo.

It sounds like v3 isn't going to be ready for a bit, so I should really
concentrate on doing what I need to using v2, I just wanted to
try v3 and see what came of it. If it worked then I could carry on
and convert my site to look like the old one and know my way
around v3 more and therefore be more use.

| Ross
|

| --
18/01/2006