forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Example use case - working example
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:38:00 GMT
Ok, so I now have something to work with.

So you know, this is a summary of what I did. (There is a question at the
end of all this)

1. Followed Davids Dispatcher Quick Start with a 'forrest test-sample'
rather than seed-v2.
2. Copied Ross' coat.fv into
/project_home/src/documentation/resources/themes/pili.fv
3. In /themes/ dir created /pili/ subdir and in /pili/ created /css/ subdir.
4. Copied Ross' coat.css into /themes/pili/css/ directory.
5. Edit forrest.properties and changed 'project.theme=pelt' to
'project.theme=pili'
6. 'forrest run' from project_home, works fine, Ross' default theme shows up
nicely.
7. Made a few changes to pili.fv, refresh browser shows them nicely.
8. Made changes to pili.css, however file is locked for use and can not save
changes.
9. Stop Jetty, Make changes to pili.css, restart with 'forrest run' , css
changes show up fine.
10. Complete rework of CSS adding more of my own stuff, rework pili.fv also.
      (hence the renaming of ross' coat into pili, didnt want to spoil it.)
11. Upload to web space using ForrestBot.
12. Test in Web Browser, looks the same as localhost:8888 as it should.

The above should see most people through, after more testing I want to make
it known :-

13. Make some more changes to pili.fv and pili.css.
14. Tested local, works fine.
15. Uploaded to webspace using ForrestBot.
16. Changes do not seem to have made it onto server.

Some changes I made required that an index.fv be deleted. ForrestBot does
not know how to
delete from server, hence my changes were not carried across.

Anyway, as a recap, I wanted my pili theme to more or less resemble
http://minitutorials.com

Here is my first attempt at getting it like that, it is not yet complete -
http://apache.minitutorials.com

I hope you agree they are similar.

Now for the question, in fact, no I'll put it in a different subject.

Gav...