forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cleaning up v2 - preparing a dispatcher release
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:19:09 GMT
On 12/5/05, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> how should we proceed for cleaning up v2?
>
> I will soon commit a first working version of the DispatcherTransformer.
> That means that 75% of the pipelines in structurer/themer will be gone.
> I would like to use this opportunity and create the final internal
> plugin (dispatcher) which should replace skins and old views (incl. v2).
> I want to write this plugin from scratch (meaning to add pipeline by
> pipeline).
>
> This plugin should contain the structurer and themer as components but
> not anymore as 2 separate plugins. Further since the markup of contracts
> have changed I want to use the opportunity to base the dispatcher
> internally completely on xhtml2. Meaning all contracts are expecting
> xhtml2 and *not* xdocs as source format.

So can we just clear out the xhtml2 plugin and use that?  That's
really what it was intended for Views+XHTML2 IIRC.  I think it's safe
to remove most everything in there except the xhtml2_subset.xml file.
Everything else in there is OBE.

I'd personally rather see that, rather than YAVRP (yet another
view-related plugin) ;)
--tim