forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Coocon Debugging Feature
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:07:36 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>

>>Add the relevant snippet to
>>FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/WEB-INF/forrest.xconf

Sorry I did it from memory and got it wrong. You worked it out though I see:

> Hmm. I checked both .7 and head and found only cocoon.xconf in this
> directory. Since that only includes the file xconf/forrest-core.xconf,
> I tried adding the snippet there:
>
> <!--+
>     |  This is the Apache Cocoon configuration file. This is the place
>     |  where you configure the components that Cocoon uses internally (stuff
>     |  like the cache) or handles to the pipeline components
>     |  (stuff like XML parsers or XSLT processors).
>     +-->
>
>     <component role="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapExecutor" class="org.apache.cocoon.profiler.debugging.SimpleSitemapExecutor"/>
>
> <!--+
>     | cocoon-template and cocoon-template-expression block
>     | config - start
>     +-->
>
> Then I seeded a new Forrest, ran Jetty and browsed the site.
> Unfortunately I see no debug-messages on the Jetty console. Am I
> missing something?

No. I've verified that the class is included in our profiler block.

Are you sure this is all there is to it, don't you need to turn on the
profiler in the sitemap?

>>[OT] How did your talk go?
>

>         I think it went very well. A lot more people from outside of Apache
>         and a very interested audience that asked many questions.

Cool, well done.

Will you be putting the presentation online?

Ross