forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r358073 - /forrest/branches/forrest_07_branch/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.simplifiedDocbook/resources/stylesheets/sdocbook2document.xsl
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:21:21 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Do these changes get back to the downloadable version?
>   http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#closest

First of all, the plugins are not downloaded via the mirrors (this is
something that we need to address at some point, but this is not too
urgent since the plugins are typically very small).

Secondly, plugins have a different release cycle from Forrest core. So
these changes will only make it into the distributed version when we
make a release of the plugin.

How do we make a release? We're still in the process of specifying this.
However, it will be essentially the same as a release for core, i.e.
someone proposes it for a release, we vote, we release or not according
to the vote.

However, it can still be used without a release. Let me explain.

The current version of SVN head doesn't use plugins in-place yet. But
what it does do is deploy the plugins from local src directories if they
are not currently installed and no version number is provided for the
plugin in forrest.properties.

In addition, we can release unversioned copies of the plugin, which will
then be installed to those users without the src. However, this is the
part of the release process we have not yet fully worked out.

So, what do you want to achieve? Continue the discussion down whichever
of the above avenues you need to, lets work out the relevant process.

Ross