forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating documentation (Re: Link to CSS howto-structurer-dsl.html)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:57:51 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mar, 20-12-2005 a las 14:24 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:

>>Today's thread is helping to sort this out. However
>>i think that we should quickly take this discussion
>>elsewhere while it still has energy. We cannot hope
>>to solve these issues at the project level.
>>

> Actually I will start the lenya and forrest documentation pub (based on
> lenya) with the beginning of the new year. Since the dispatcher is close
> to a first release the lenya doco pub pops up to the first position on
> my personal todo.

Cool - I was deliberately prodding you, but didn't want to be too direct
for fear of making you feel that I was demanding something ;-)

> I cannot promise anything big only my *personal* commitment doing it for
> lenya and forrest and the apache in general since I do not have a
> personal nor commercial use case for doco. So please do not expect this
> to be finished fast (but like always the more people helping the faster
> we will be finished).

Well, that's all I'm offering too. We've seen on the Lenya lists that
others have a similar level of commitment. I'm sure we can make it happen.

> I will use 1.4 of lenya which stores all content in jcr. Since you can
> have the rep as file system we can just commit the jcr rep to svn. My
> main focus is first to setup something up comparable to the combination
> cocoon has.

+1 - the wider problem of SVN back ends etc. is still to be resolved anyway.

Ross