forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r357673 - in /forrest/trunk/main/template-sites: v2/src/documentation/resources/themes/common/html/branding-css-links.ft v3/src/documentation/resources/themes/common/html/branding-css-links.ft
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 14:19:53 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>El lun, 19-12-2005 a las 14:14 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
>

>>Thorsten Scherler a écrit :

>>>:)
>>>
>>>IMO most of the documentation for the dispatcher should be done like
>>>cdupoirieux has demonstrated here.
>>>
>>>Thx Cyriaque.
>>>

>>Thx Thorsten,
>>
>>    I add the fact that it was possible to include several css files
>>with one call but I am not sure of this :
>>
>><forrest:contract name="branding-css-links">
>>       <forrest:property name="branding-css-links-input">
>>         <css url="common.css"/>
>>+        <css .../>
>>       </forrest:property>
>>     </forrest:contract>
>>
>>Can you confirm please...
>>

>Actually that is non valid markup and as such I would not use it in the
>usage element because this element is a copy 'n paste master for the
>structurer (the default values).
>
>I would prefer to just add some more <css/> examples or do
><css url="common.css"/>
><!-- ... -->
>
>Further since I added the first xhtml2 contracts I keep thinking about
>the real meaning of standalone contracts. I think the usage element
>should not be in cddata elements but an actual usage.
>
>Like
>forrest/trunk/main/template-sites/v3/src/documentation/content/xdocs/abstract-to-xhtml2.fv
would be *IN* the contract forrest/trunk/main/template-sites/v3/src/documentation/resources/themes/common/xhtml2/abstract.ft

>That means I can request a contract and actually it would be the default
>view for the contract and then the resulting data. That would forces
>well-formed usage elements and is more efficient.

Well, if you look at Unix (or Linux :-) ) manual, the usage use a
specific syntax to explain you all what you can do with your command
(here, contract...)
For instance,

    * brakets [ ] are used to explain that it is optional,
    * italic indicates what user should replace...

I thought it was nice to write usages like that.

Salutations,
Cyriaque,