forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Creating documentation (Re: Link to CSS howto-structurer-dsl.html)
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:31:55 GMT
Ross Gardler a écrit :

> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler a écrit :

>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=113244185027121&w=2
>>>
>> Hi, Paul,
>>
>>    To summarise :
>>
>>    * The tag to include css file has the following syntax :
>>
>> <forrest:css url="layout.screen.css" media="screen|print"
>> theme="themeName"/>
>>
>>    * url attribute indicates the name of the css file, the dispatcher
>>      searches for this file in the following order :
>>          o Does the css file exists in the following directory - if
>>            yes, use this one :
>>
>> $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/yourtheme/css/layout.screen.css

>>          o Else, does the css file exists in the following directory -
>>            if yes, use this one :
>>

>> $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer/resources/themes/yourtheme/css/layout.screen.css

>>          o Else, does the css file exists in the following directory -
>>            if yes, use this one :
>>

>> $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.themer/resources/themes/common/css/layout.screen.css

>>    * media attribute indicates to the browser the stylesheets to use
>>      depending on the detination media :
>>          o screen : the stylesheet is used with the browser displaying
>>            the page on the screen,
>>          o print - the stylesheet is used while printing the document -
>>            or print preview...
>>
>>        (There is a bug with firefox, the bug is already declared twice
>>        in bugzilla, so we are waiting...)
>>
>>    * theme attribute indicates to the browser for which theme this
>>      stylesheet should be used, letting you add several css files
>>      corresponding to different themes of the same page.
>

> (this is a general comment not at all aimed at the authors of these
> mails - since I'm in that group)
>
> Why is it that people take the time to write clear documentation like
> this but nobody puts it into a document?
>
> Someone, please get this into documentation within the structurer
> plugin. Note that it need not be the person who posts the solution,
> maybe the person asking the question could help too.
>
> (remember this is *not* aimed at people in this thread, it's a general
> point that I often wonder about).

You are definitely right Ross,
I am going to update the documentation of the dispatcher when I find
where it is ;-) .

(Just want to say that I like to write a clear answer to a question in
order to make some corrections during the thread with others.
And when everyone is Ok, we can consider to update documentation.)

Salutations,
Cyriaque,