forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: projectInfo properties problem
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:34:23 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

>>>Is anyone else having a problem building site-author?  I get "BROKEN:
>>>Unable to get attribute value for
>>>projectInfo.changes.includeCommitterList" in several places.   I'm
>>>looking into it but thought if I'm the only one then maybe it's a
>>>problem on my end.
>>
>>do:
>>
>>cd FORREST_HOME
>>svn up
>>cd main
>>./build.sh clean
>>./build.sh
>>
>>You should find it all works.
>>
>>If not my testing has let me down and I'll explain further ;-)
>>
>>Ross
>

> Thanks,
> Embarrassing really.  Right after I hit send I thought about "build
> clean" but it was too late;(  I think I need a filter on outgoing mail
> where anytime it's to dev@ and contains a question mark it should
> prompt me with "Have you built cleanly?" before allowing me to
> actually send.

:-)

In this case the change is in the way that the plugins are loaded. By
doing the build clean you removed the plugins, forcing Forrest to
install them anew. Now if you have the plugin src locally they are
copied from the src (not quite use in place, but a step towards it).

This means that if you re using svn head, it is even more important to
do build clean than before. It used to be that only java changes would
require build clean, now there will be many more such changes.

Of course, in this instance you could have just deployed the projectInfo
plugin - but that would have been more typing for us both ;-)

Ross