forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dispatcher documentation (Was: submitting patches)
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:12:05 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El dom, 18-12-2005 a las 11:56 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
>
>>Paul Bolger wrote:

>>This could link in with the main Glossary. Or perhaps
>>the new Glossary plugin be able to restrict output to
>>certain topics.
>>
>>We always start to invent new tools when we talk about
>>documentation. That Glossary plugin sounds easy, Ross has
>>added the resources but not built a plugin. So if you feel
>>up to following the Howto-buildPlugin then try that.
>>It would teach you heaps about Forrest.
>>

> Actually you could do such glossary stuff with a single contract IMO, no
> need for whole plugin, but David is right I started views as a plugin
> and learned a lot about forrest in general by this.

Do you mean that the filtering of the content could be done with a
contract? If so then I am +1

The Glossary plugin should just convert the input format of our glossary
DTD (and the equivalent in other format such as Latex, OOO MS Wrod etc)
into our internal format, for later presentation by the dispatcher or skins.

Ross