forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating documentation (Re: Link to CSS howto-structurer-dsl.html)
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:04:37 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Calmbach, Richard wrote:

I am a firm believer in a lower barrier to entry for docs. See the links
above for full discussion, but in sumary learning to use SVN just to
contribute a 1 para improvement sentence to docs is too much of a
barrier. The counter argument (again see above links) is that we should
be encouraging people to learn SVN so they can make contributions to
other parts of Forrest.

The great thing about the Lenya proposal was that it would support SVN
as a back end, thus allowing people to work with the tool they prefer.
Unfortunately, I don't think any progress has been made towards this.

Ross